Affiliate Marketing 101: The Pros and Cons
Are you looking for the best affiliate programs in Malaysia? Venturing in the affiliate marketing field is a great idea. This is an ideal business for those who wish to work from home, since it doesn’t require that much capital.
Moreover, there is no need to shop, stock or produce a big product inventory, or deliver services. Basically, you will be paid for referring customers and clients to other companies. Just like any other business, it requires thorough planning, knowledge and consistent effort to generate a huge affiliate income.
Before taking any major step with regards to your affiliate marketing efforts, you should do in-depth research first. Below are the pros and cons you must learn about before taking the plunge.
- Work anywhere and anytime you want, as long as there is internet access
- The potential to earn a passive income potential, depending on how you market your affiliate products
- Generates an additional source of income–ideal for coaches, bloggers and information entrepreneurs
- Possible to start in a low cost–many affiliate programs are fee to join
- There is no need to create your own service or product
- There is no need to ship or stock products
- Some affiliate marketing companies have a reputation of not paying affiliates, though there are many ways to screen reputable affiliate programs
- High competition
- Generating huge traffic will take time
- Affiliate ad hijacking can happen–you will not get credit for your own referral; you can avoid this through URL masking
- Bad affiliate referrals will ruin your online credibility; only do business with reputable businesses
- You will have no control over the businesses’ services and products